Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

The Newest Song and most loved video at present.

Hi! Friends,

This is a true love story penned down to a song by late Mr. Robert M Rodrigo in the latter part of the 60s'. I heard this song for the first time when I was 14 years of age at a friend's place. My friend is Fadil Jaleel. At that time, he was trying to get a Calypso group going and most of the time he had music in his house. As I was also suffering from music fever at that time, I used to visit his place very often. This is how I came to know this song and I got a chance to meet Robert Rodrigo at this place one day. 

He sang this song and later related the story behind. He said his friend who faced this sad situation is determined to stay single unto his death. Further, Robert said he wrote the final verse of the song but unable to add or sing with the song until a certain period of time passed.

Then he sang the last verse and we knew why he can't add that verse. Therefore minus one verse song was very popular from that time until today.

After about 40 odd years, one day Robert and his wife Mrs Lude Sieble Ferdinando came to our church and I got a chance to talk with him privately about this song and the missing verse. He said he could now sing the verse as his friend kept his word and still stays single and now nearing the age of 60. I proposed him to record the song again but he never showed any interest.

Exactly 8 months ago I met his wife and obtained permission to re-record the song with KINGS BAND and that is how it came to you once again with the missing last verse. Already this song has tremendous response from many and please enjoy the song.

Post a Comment

0 Comments